Decorate the party room
like a haunted garden.
beyond the garden gate to transform an ordinary room into a haunted
garden. For this Halloween decoration, twist orange and green streamers in loose loops along the walls
and ceiling or use camouflage netting. Use the same colors for
tableware. Signs that say "Beware of Man-Eating Plants" and "Please
Don't Feed the Wildflowers" won't keep kids off the lawn but will keep
them giggling if you stick them in and around your houseplants.
Since man-eating plants are always bloodthirsty, keep watering cans at the ready and drip long, stringy licorice from the spouts into small white cups stenciled with the Red Cross logo.
plants along high shelves and bookcases of the party room, and position
a lively looking one as a centerpiece on the kitchen table. Place
snack-size sealable plastic bags filled with cinnamon candy (to look
like blood drops) at each setting. Attach plastic tubing (find it at a
hardware or pet store) from the bags to the plant to look like IVs.
Scatter plastic bugs, spiders, and other garden pests around the table. It's only natural that gourds belong at this garden party, too. Pile a few by the door; you could even carve or paint gaping mouths on them. A fog machine adds chilling special effects.
Do you prefer more traditional fall decorations for your Halloween gathering? We've got you covered. Read on for do-it-yourself fall decor ideas.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.