Make this haunted hat to display
your favorite frightful photos.
What You'll Need
- Black modeling clay
- 24 inches copper wire, 20 gauge
- Needle-nose pliers with wire cutter
- 1 foot green iridescent wire ribbon
- 1 gold star button
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Shape clay into a hat by making a 4-inch circle for the base and a 4-inch cone
for the pointed crown.
- Combine the shapes by pressing the black cone firmly onto the base. Gently pull
the tip of the cone over to one side, and mold into a drooping point. Slightly
turn up the edges of the base on the opposite side to create an upturned brim.
Let harden for at least 8 hours.
- Cut 2 pieces of wire: one 15 inches and one 9 inches. Use pliers to grasp one end
of the wire; gently curve it to create a swirl. Repeat on the second wire.
Stick the sharp ends of the wires into the side of the hat.
Carefully curl the wire into a swirl.
- Hot-glue the ribbon where the cone meets the base of the hat. Cut off excess ribbon, and hot-glue the star on the ribbon at the front of the hat.
Now your haunted holder is ready to show off your scary photos, wicked recipes, and more. Another great way to haunt your house for Halloween is with a haunted house centerpiece. The next page will show you how to turn an ordinary wooden birdhouse into a house of horrors.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.