Draw shapes onto the cans to make your own Halloween candles.
a hammer and nail to make holes about an 1/8 inch apart along the lines
of the designs. (Adult help is needed if children are crafting.) When
finished, remove the paper. Run warm water over cans to loosen ice;
discard ice. Dry cans, and add painted decorations.
When paint is dry, put sand in can bottoms for extra weight. Place small candles in the sand, set your lanterns out, and have an adult fire them up for a ferociously festive glow.
Is your house haunted? You can make it haunted by incorporating the clever ideas on the next page of this article. Read on for the ghastly details.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.