glittery tree is so fun that you won't want to put it away when Halloween is
You can turn an ordinary tree branch
into a spooky Halloween tree.
What You'll Need
- 6-inch terra-cotta pot
- Painter's tape
- Acrylic paint: black, orange, purple, silver
- Foam brush
- Firm tree branch
- Spray paint: black, glitter
- 5-inch form ball
- Crinkle filler paper
- Purple eyelash yarn scrap
- Silver spiral tinsel
- Craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nose jewelry pliers
- Seed beads: assorted sizes in Halloween colors
- Assorted trinkets: beads, buttons, charms, small toys, Halloween confetti, etc.
- Use painter's tape to create stripes around pot. Paint alternating black,
orange, purple, and silver stripes. Let dry. Spray tree branch with black
paint; let dry. Spray branch with glitter. Let
- Push foam ball into base of pot. Scatter crinkle paper on top to hide foam.
Push branch into foam ball. Arrange crinkle paper if necessary.
- Place eyelash yarn in and around branches as a garland. Wrap silver spiral
tinsel around branches.
Make the garland by threading the beads onto the craft wire.
- Cut a 22-inch length of wire, and make a loop at an end. String beads onto
craft wire in whatever pattern you'd like. When wire is almost covered, make a
loop of wire at end. String beaded wire onto tree as a garland.
To create tree ornaments, string the trinkets onto the wire branches.
- String trinkets onto pieces of wire to create ornaments. Twist a wire end into a loop around trinkets, then create a circle loop at other wire end. Cut excess wire. Decorate branch with trinkets.
Your finished tree makes a perfect centerpiece for a creepy Halloween table. Not all Halloween decorations need to be scary, however. Make a Fuzzy Fun Wreath to draw smiles -- not shrieks -- from your guests. Go to the next page for the detailed instructions.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.