Bag of Bones Skeleton Costume
Turn up the spook factor and let your kids flaunt what they've got -- on the inside -- with this sinister skeleton kids' Halloween costume. No sewing, stitching, or bandaging required.
What You'll Need
- Black sweat suit
- Black gloves
- White fabric marker
- White glow-in-the-dark fabric paint
- Small paintbrush
- Nontoxic face paints: white and gray or black
- Using a skeleton illustration as reference (see Haunted Hint below), draw or trace bones in their places on the black sweat suit and gloves with a fabric marker. Let dry, then fill in the bones with glow-in-the-dark paint. Let dry again and paint another coat if necessary for complete, opaque coverage and solid, white bones.
- When Halloween arrives, use nontoxic face paints to paint child's face white -- like a skull. Use gray or black paint (and a separate paintbrush!) around the child's eyes and mouth to create "empty" sockets and complete the spooktacular living skeleton effect. And don't forget a spooky hairstyle straight from the grave.
Still not scared? Then what could be better than a ghoulish graveyard ghost? Continue to the next page to transform your child into a shadow of his former self. To learn more about fun and easy Halloween activities, see:
- Halloween Crafts: Whether hosting a spooky party or looking to keep little goblins entertained, visit this site for easy arts and crafts directions.
- Halloween Decorations: Bring Halloween holiday spirit to any location when you create these fun and festive decorations.
- Halloween Masks: For a quick, fun costume and a disguise, follow these tips for creating your own Halloween masks.
- Halloween Games: There's more to Halloween than eating candy! Get your party guests moving with these ghoulish games.
- Halloween Recipes: Spooky treats that are good to eat... find out how to concoct delicious delights here.
- How Halloween Works: Discover the history and traditions behind trick-or-treating and more. Check out this site to learn what Halloween is all about.