Lots More Information
- How Communism Works
- How Fascism Works
- How Socialism Works
- How Capitalism Works
- How the Spanish Inquisition Worked
- How Cults Work
- How Spies Work
- How Royalty Works
- How Fear Works
- How the Rules of War Work
- Is there a torture manual?
- What is water boarding?
- What happens in a coup d'etat?
- What are the five most prevalent forms of torture and why?
More Great Links
- Beehner, Lionel and Paul Cruickshank. "The post-dictator era." Guardian Unlimited, March 3, 2008.
- Brzezinski, Friedrich. "Totalitarian Dictatorship and Autocracy." Harvard University Press, 1965.
- Chirot, Daniel. "Hidden Tyrants." The Free Press, 1994.
- Cobban, Alfred. "Dictatorship: In History and Theory." Charles Scribner's Sons, 1939.
- Dictator of the Month http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/English/English_welcome.htm
- "Dissidents Decry Burmese Junta's Election Plans." WashingtonPost.com, Tuesday, February 12, 2008. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/11/AR2008021102575.html
- Martin, Bradley K. "Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty." St. Martin's Griffin, 2006.
- Mesquita, Bueno de, et al. "The Logic of Political Survival." Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2003.
- Plutarch. "The Parallel Lives." Loeb Classical Library, 1916. Public domain. http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Plutarch/Lives/Sulla*.html
- Sobel, Corey. "The Seven Wonders of the Totalitarian World." Esquire, February 2008.
- Wallechinsky , David. "Who Is the World's Worst Dictator?" Parade, February 11, 2007. http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2007/edition_02-11-2007/Dictators
- Zakaria, Fareed. "The Rise of Illiberal Democracy." Foreign Affairs, December 1997.