- 10 Real-life Crimes That Became Fictional TV Episodes
- 10 TV Moms We Secretly Want to Be
- How Writing a TV Show Works
- Everything I Need to Know About Parenting I Learned From TV
- How did the advent of television impact politics?
- How do TV commercials influence American culture?
- Do courtroom dramas change people's understanding of the law?
- Comstock, George and Erica Scharrer. "Media and the American Child." Academic Press. 2007.
- The Nielsen Company. "Who Watches What (and How Much)? U.S. TV Trends by Ethnicity." March 30, 2011. (April 7, 2011) http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/who-watches-what-and-how-much-u-s-tv-trends-by-ethnicity/
- Osborn, Jeremy. "The Influence of Television Viewing on Expectations for and Assessments of Romantic Relationships." Conference Papers -- National Communication Association. November 1, 2007. Communication & Mass Media Complete. (EBSCOhost April 9, 2011).
- Pehlke II, Timothyallen, Charles B. Hennon, et al. "Does Father Still Know Best? An Inductive Thematic Analysis of Popular TV Sitcoms." Fathering: A Journal of Theory, Research, & Practice about Men as Fathers. Vol. 7, no. 2. Pages 114-139. 2009. (EBSCOhost April 10, 2011).
- Segrin, Chris and Robin Nabi. "Does Television Viewing Cultivate Unrealistic Expectations About Marriage?" Journal of Communication. Volume 52, no. 2. Pages 247-263. June 2002.
- Sirgy, M. Joseph, Lee Dong-Jin, et al. "Does Television Viewership Play a Role in the Perception of Quality of Life?" Journal of Advertising. Vol. 27, no. 1. Pages 125-142. 1998. (EBSCOhost April 10, 2011).
- Waldeck, Nancy E. "The Relationship Between Television Exposure and Individual Work Expectations: An Empirical Study." Journal of Applied Social Psychology. Vol. 39, no. 1. Pages 208-234. Jan. 2009. (EBSCOhost, April 7, 2011).
- Zurbriggen, Eileen L., and Elizabeth M. Morgan. "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire? Reality Dating Television Programs, Attitudes Toward Sex, and Sexual Behaviors." Sex Roles. Vol. 54, no. 1/2.Jan. 2006. (EBSCOhost accessed April 10, 2011).