These boo-tiful pillows are easy to make.
What You'll Need
- Polyester craft felt: orange, yellow, white
- White chalk
- Pinking shears
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Polyester fiberfill
- Fold each piece of felt in half to create a doubled piece of felt wide enough
to fit pattern plus 1 inch.
- Trace the letter patterns onto felt using white chalk. (You'll use the same
"O" pattern twice.) Cut out letters. (You'll have 2 of each color.)
Trace the letter pattens onto the felt and cut them out.
- Sew the doubled letters together 1/2 inch in from the outside edge, leaving a
4-inch opening at the bottom of each for stuffing. Sew inside "holes"
of each letter before stuffing.
Sew the doubled letters together 1/2 inch from the outside edge.
- Stuff each letter with fiberfill, and sew the bottom opening closed.
Arrange the finished pillows to spell out a ghost's favorite greeting.
The next Halloween decoration we'll show you how to make is also a handy holder for your favorite Halloween photos. Continue to the next page for the materials list and directions.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.