This ghostly graveyard will BOOst
your table's Halloween spirit.
- Yellow tissue paper
- Large foam block: 35 x 12 x 2 inches
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- 4 paint stir sticks
- Acrylic paint: white, black, orange
- 4 foam balls, 3 inches each
- 3 yards white cheesecloth
- 4 yards orange ribbon, 3/8 inch wide
- 16 large wiggle eyes
- 10 inches jumbo loopy white chenille
- 3 doll hats
- Gold cord
- 50 toothpick-size dowels
- Miniature Halloween trinkets: spiders, bats, insects, gargoyles, shovels, tombstones, wishing well, rakes, etc.
- 1/2 yard black tulle, cut in half
- Party shred
- Wrap and glue yellow tissue paper around foam block.
- Paint stir sticks white; let dry. Glue a foam ball to top of each stick. Space
sticks evenly along foam block, about 71/2 inches apart, and insert into foam.
Attach a foam ball to the top of each stick.
- Fold white cheesecloth in half, and place length over foam balls on sticks.
Gather cloth between sticks to create ghosts. Tie gathers with orange ribbon.
Place the cheesecloth over the assembled balls and sticks.
- Glue 2 wiggle eyes on each side of foam balls. On each side of each ghost,
paint a mouth. Glue loopy chenille on a ghost for hair; turn up ends. Sponge
paint straw hat with black and orange paint, if desired. Glue hats to other
ghosts' heads. Tie gold cord around a ghost's neck.
Glue the wiggle eyes onto each ghost.
- Paint dowels black; let dry. Push dowels around outside edge of foam, placing
them about 1 inch apart. Don't worry about spacing them perfectly; the
unevenness is spookier. Weave 2 rows of orange ribbon between dowels.
- Glue spiders, bats, insects, gargoyles, shovels, tombstones, and other trinkets
throughout foam. Loosely weave black tulle between base of ghosts; glue in
spots to hold. Place party shred around ghosts.
For a finishing touch, scatter the party shred around the ghosts.
Your ghastly party in the graveyard is ready to adorn your table and entertain your guests. The next do-it-yourself Halloween decoration is even more boo-tiful. Read the next page for the frightening details.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.