Create a spooky scene with
these ghoulish candles.
These frighteningly fun candles are a great way to add moody lighting to your Halloween scene.
What You'll Need
- 4 assorted pillar candles
- Ball-head stylus
- Black acrylic paint
- Craft eyelets
- Star brads
- Straight pins
- Colorful ball-head quilting pins
- Wire cutters
- Seed beads
- Using this Ghoulish Glow Candles PDF pattern, cut out inside of letters to create a stencil. Place
each stencil on a candle, and mark outline with stylus. Use stylus to make
groove about 1/8-inch deep. You may need to do a few passes over letters to get
a good groove. Remove stencil. Don't worry if it looks less than spooktacular
at this point -- paint will cover faults. Use dry paintbrush to brush out
shavings from grooves.
Use the stylus to outline the letter on the candle.
- Paint in letter grooves with black acrylic paint; let dry. Repeat if necessary.
Use the black acrylic paint to paint the letter you outlined.
- Push eyelets and star brads randomly into candles. Shorten straight and
quilting pins with wire cutters so they are about 1/2 inch long. Randomly push
quilting pins into candles. Place seed beads on straight pins, and push them
Push the pins and seed beads into the candle.
Note: Never leave a lit candle unattended.
Next, we'll show you how to conjure up a mystical crystal ball centerpiece for your table.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.