More Great Links
- "America's Parade: A Celebration of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade." 2001. Time, Inc. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1001297-1,00.html
- "Why Love A Parade?; 765 Parades: Too Much Cost, Too Little Honor." NY Times. June 7, 1991. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE0DB1E31F934A35755C0A967958260
- Banyay, Laurie. "Post-Party Pickup." Public Works Magazine. September 1, 2006.http://www.pwmag.com/industry-news.asp?sectionID=771&articleID=362837
- Bleecker, Arlene and Sam. "What a Gas! Parade Balloons Come to Life on Thanksgiving Eve." The Boston Herald. November 24, 2002.
- Brick, Michael. "Training for Balloon Handlers at Parade Is Said to Be Light." The New York Times. November 23, 2005.
- Chabria, Anita. "Actvism - PETA's Softer Sell Was Not a 'Turkey.'" PR Week. January 7, 2002.
- Chan, Sewell. "A Weather Eye on the Balloons and Wind. The New York Times. November 23, 2006. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/23/nyregion/23parade.html
- Chan, Sewell. "Don't Look Up, Chicken Little. The Wind May Ground You." The New York Times. November 24, 2004.
- Chan, Sewell. "Given a Reprieve, Giant Balloons Fly Low Over a Soggy Macy's Parade." The New York Times. November 24, 2006.
- Chan, Sewell. "Macy's Parade Gets Tighter Weather Control Than Ever." The New York Times. November 23, 2006.
- Choi, Charles. "Macy's Thanksgiving Parade-It's Science." United Press International. November 26, 2003.
- Dillon, Sam. "Balloons, Floats, Band And (Rip!) Lots of Wind." The New York Times. November 26, 1993.
- Feldman, David. "Imponderables - The Solution to Mysteries of Everyday Life." 1987. William Morrow and Co.
- Fiely, Dennis. "This Tater's No Tot; Urbana Student to Help Guide Mr. Potato Head in Macy's Parade." The Columbus Dispatch. November 14, 2006.
- Gordon, Greg. "New York's extensive war on terrorism rivals national effort." McClatchy Newspapers. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/staff/greg_gordon/story/15150.html. December 6, 2006.
- Grippo, Robert M., Hoskins, Christopher. "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (Images of America)." 2004. Arcadia Publishing.
- Jones, Joyce. "Behind the Macy Thanksgiving Parade." The New York Times. November 13, 1994.
- McDonough, Anne. "March Madness; An Insider's Guide to Seeing New York's Thanksgiving Extravaganza-the Right Way." The Washington Post. November 8, 2006.
- McFadden, Robert D. "Above, Familiar Characters; Below, Their Cheering Fans." The New York Times. November 28, 2003. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9503E2DD153AF93BA15752C1A9659C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Press Kit. 2006. http://www.macys.com/catalog/syndicated/remote/remotesyndication.ognc?Brand=PRESSRELEASE
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Press Kit. 2007. http://www.macys.com/catalog/syndicated/remote/ remotesyndication.ognc? Brand=PRESSRELEASE
- Martin, Douglas. "A Day to Give Thanks for Balloons: A 'Balloonatic' Makes Air Sculptures for Macy's Parade. November 24, 1994.
- Martin, Douglas. "No Lightweight Duty for Macy's Helpers; Rigorous Drills and New Rules for Balloon Crews After '97 Accident." November 3, 1998.
- Mindlin, Alex. "The Man in Blue, Two Stories Tall." The New York Times. December 24, 2006.
- Polgreen, Lydia. "As His Relatives Roast, Tom Turkey Shivers At the Front of a Parade." The New York Times. November 29, 2002.
- Sims, Calvin. "New York City Rethinks Parade." The New York Times. April 12, 1992.
- Wolf, Buck. "Balloonatics Prepare for Thanksgiving Parade." ABCNews.com. November 23, 2004. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/WolfFiles/story?id=291499