How much do you know about the history of U.S. presidential debates? Test your knowledge with this quiz at HowStuffWorks.
- Fact or Fiction: Super PACs
- The Ultimate Elections Quiz
- How Political Primaries Work
- How Political Conventions Work
- How E-voting Works
- How the U.S. President Works
- How the U.S. Vice President Works
- What are superdelegates?
- How does the Electoral College work?
- How can someone tamper with an electronic voting machine?
- Barker, Kim and Wang, Marian. "Super PACs and Dark Money: ProPublica's guide to the new world of campaign finance." ProPublica. July 11, 2011. (Sept. 6, 2011). http://www.propublica.org/blog/item/super-pacs-propublicas-guide-to-the-new-world-of-campaign-finance
- Barnes, Robert. "Hillary: The Movie to Get Supreme Court Screening." The Washington Post. March 15, 2009. (Sept. 13, 2011). http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/14/AR2009031401603_pf.html
- Beckel, Michael. Spokesman for Center for Responsive Politics. Personal correspondence. Aug. 30, 2011.
- Center for Responsive Politics. "2012 Overview: Campaign contribution limits." (Aug. 30, 2011). http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/limits.php
- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission. No. 08–205. Supreme Court of the U.S. Jan. 21, 2010. http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-205.pdf
- Colbert, Stephen. @StephenatHome. Twitter.com. June 30, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/StephenAtHome/status/86281667404251137
- Cordes, Nancy. "Colbert gets a Super PAC; So what are they?" CBS News. June 30, 2011. (Sept. 5, 2011). http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/30/eveningnews/main20075941.shtml
- Eggen, Dan and Farnam, TW. "New Super PACs bringing millions into campaigns." The Washington Post. Sept. 28, 2010. (Sept. 5, 2011). http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/27/AR2010092706500.html
- Federal Election Commission official web site. "FEC approves two advisory opinions on independent expenditure-only political committees." July 22, 2010. (Sept. 5, 2011). http://www.fec.gov/press/press2010/20100722OpenMtng.shtml
- Grier, Peter. "In time for election 2012, a Stephen Colbert super PAC. What is that?" July 1, 2011. (Sept. 5, 2011). http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/DC-Decoder/2011/0701/In-time-for-Election-2012-a-Stephen-Colbert-super-PAC.-What-is-that
- Isikoff, Michael. "Firm gives $1 million to pro-Romney group, then dissolves." MSNBC. Aug. 4, 2011. (Sept. 6, 2011). http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44011308/ns/politics-decision_2012/t/firm-gives-million-pro-romney-group-then-dissolves/
- Liptak, Adam. "Justices, 5-4, reject corporate spending limit." The New York Times. Jan. 21, 2010. (Sept. 7, 2011). http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html
- Liptak, Adam. "Supreme Court to Revisit Hillary Documentary." The New York Times. Aug. 29, 2009. (Sept. 13, 2011). http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/us/30scotus.html