Lots More Information
Susan Bennett never knew she would become one of the world's most famous voices until Siri debuted on iPhones in 2011. HowStuffWorks tells her story.
- 10 Ways to Make Your Home Theater More Like a Real Theater
- 10 TV Shows That Have Gained a Global Audience
- 10 Ways DVDs Have Changed the Film Industry
- Home Theater Lingo Quiz
- How Television Works
- How Surround Sound Works
- Are big-screen TVs killing the film industry?
- What was the first televised sporting event?
- How have DVDs changed the lifespan of TV shows?
- Coakley, Jay. "Sport in Society: Issues and Controversies, Eighth Edition." McGraw-Hill. Jan. 1, 2004.
- Harris, Richard Jackson. "A Cognitive Psychology of Mass Communication." Routledge. May 21, 2009.
- The Kennedy Center. "1898: Gimme a U! Gimme an M!" November 2002. (April 11, 2011)http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/arts-days/november/02.aspx
- Loosemore, Sandra. "How television has changed figure skating." CBS SportsLine. Nov. 15, 1999. (April 10, 2011)http://www.cbssports.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,1579842_10946,00.html
- Marketing Charts. "Average Hour-Long TV Show is 36% Commercials." May 7, 2009. (April 11, 2011)http://www.marketingcharts.com/television/average-hour-long-show-is-36-commercials-9002/
- Sandomir, Richard. "Pro Football; Sports on TV Changed When N.F.L. Chose Fox." The New York Times. Dec. 17, 2003. (April 10, 2011)http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/17/sports/pro-football-sports-on-tv-changed-when-nfl-chose-fox.html?src=pm
- Verna, Tony. "Instant Replay: The Day That Changed Sports Forever." Creative Book Publishers International. Sept. 15, 2008.
- Weinberg, Rick. "51: Kerri Strug fights off pain, helps U.S. win gold." ESPN. (April 11, 2011)http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/espn25/story?page=moments/51
- Zoglin, Richard et al. "Video: The Great TV Takeover." TIME. March 26, 1990. (April 11, 2011)http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,969697-1,00.html