Lots More Information
A lot of folks once thought these 10 things would never become obsolete. Learn about 10 20th-century staples we never thought would die at HowStuffWorks.
- 10 Strange American Traditions
- 10 Native American Music Traditions
- 5 Family Traditions for Daughters
- How Marriage Works
- How Diamonds Work
- How a Sand Ceremony Works
- How to Celebrate Your Family Heritage
- How to Build Family Traditions
- Are family traditions important?
- What is the history of the wedding garter tradition?
- Where did the traditional birthstones come from?
- Choron, Sandra and Choron, Henry. "Planet Wedding: A Nuptial-Pedia." Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 2010.
- Howard, Vicki. "Brides Inc.: American Weddings and the Business of Tradition." University of Pennsylvania Press. 2006.
- Patrick, Bethanne Kelly; Thompson, John; and Petroski, Henry. "An Uncommon History of Common Things." National Geographic Books. 2009.