Lots More Information
A savvy communications strategist created a media pyramid focusing on how people should consume their media. HowStuffWorks talked to him about it.
- 10 Ways to Make Your Home Theater More Like a Real Theater
- 5 Technologies That Customize TV Viewing
- Top 5 TV Time Shifting Technologies
- How Commercial Jingles Work
- How Television Works
- How DVR Works
- How TiVo Works
- Why do songs get stuck in my head?
- Are big-screen TVs killing the film industry?
- How do TV commercials influence American culture?
- How has time shifting changed how people watch TV?
- Allor, Kevin. "The Rise of Advertisement and American Consumer Culture." Maryland State Archives. Aug. 24, 2006. (March 28, 2011)http://teachingamericanhistorymd.net/000001/000000/000129/html/t129.html
- Craig, Steve. "Madison Avenue versus The Feminine Mystique: How the Advertising Industry Responded to the Onset of the Modern Women's Movement." Popular Culture Association. March 27, 1997. (March 28, 2011)http://www.asc.upenn.edu/courses/comm334/Docs/femads.pdf
- Ewen, Stuart and Elizabeth Ewen. "Channels of Desire: Mass Images and the Shaping of American Consciousness." University of Minnesota Press. 1992.
- Savan, Leslie. "The Bribed Soul: Ads, TV and American Culture." Center for Media Literacy. (March 28, 2011)http://www.medialit.org/reading-room/bribed-soul-ads-tv-and-american-culture
- Schudson, Michael. "Advertising, the Uneasy Persuasion: Its Dubious Impact on American Society." Basic Books. 1984.