Sometimes it seems like there's an animal living in that bedroom, so use Halloween as your opportunity to bring the truth to light. This easy to make, fun and furry -- yet ferocious -- werewolf kids' Halloween costume strikes just the right balance between tricks and treats.
What You'll Need
- Black sweat suit
- 1/2 yard brown, black, or blended faux animal fur
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Index card, painted black
- Black knit hat
- Black or brown shoes
- Nontoxic face paint: brown, black, orange
- Plastic fangs
- Plastic black nails
- Cut a jagged edge along the bottom of the sleeves and legs of a black sweat suit. Cut a 1-inch strip of faux fur to fit around the collar of the sweatshirt, then glue it in place from the inside. Cut jagged holes all over the sweatshirt with scissors, then turn it inside out. Glue patches of fur behind each hole so the fur peeks out through the front. Turn sweatshirt right side out to check the effect, then repeat this process with the pants. Don't worry about the fur shedding all over the black sweat suit -- the hairier, the better!
- For the werewolf's ears, cut two pieces of fur (about 4 inches long) into ear shapes, then glue them -- fur side up -- onto the prepared index card. Cut out the ears to give them a cardboard backing, and glue them to the sides of the knit hat. Cut and glue a 1-inch strip of fur to fit around the bottom of the hat. Glue remaining pieces of fur to the shoes.
- When it's time to head out for Halloween night, use the face paints to create a werewolf face -- as scary as you like. Have child put on fangs and plastic nails to complete the transformation. Must be a full moon!
Say scary isn't the direction your kid would like to go where her costume is concerned. This next getup is bound to make its wearer the most popular item in the room! Now to choose a ring tone... Visit the next page for instructions on making an easy cell phone kids' Halloween costume.
To learn more about fun and easy Halloween activities, see:
- Halloween Crafts: Whether hosting a spooky party or looking to keep little goblins entertained, visit this site for easy arts and crafts directions.
- Halloween Decorations: Bring Halloween holiday spirit to any location when you create these fun and festive decorations.
- Halloween Masks: For a quick, fun costume and a disguise, follow these tips for creating your own Halloween masks.
- Halloween Games: There's more to Halloween than eating candy! Get your party guests moving with these ghoulish games.
- Halloween Recipes: Spooky treats that are good to eat... find out how to concoct delicious delights here.
- How Halloween Works: Discover the history and traditions behind trick-or-treating and more. Check out this site to learn what Halloween is all about.