Lots More Information
Author's Note: How the Manson Family Murders Worked
I don't think there's much more to be said about Charles Manson. It's tragic that so many people died so horribly. It's deeply disquieting to be reminded how easily people can believe in the most ludicrous, terrible things and commit heinous acts in support of those beliefs.
- Bishop, George. "Witness to Evil." Nash Publishing, 1971.
- Felton, David & Dalton, David. "Charles Manson: The Incredible Story of the Most Dangerous Man Alive." Rolling Stone. June 25, 1970. (Nov. 6, 2017) http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/charles-manson-the-incredible-story-of-the-most-dangerous-man-alive-19700625
- Grow, Kory. "Charles Manson: How Cult Leader's Twisted Beatles Obsession Inspired Family Murders." Rolling Stone, Aug. 9, 2017. (Nov. 5, 2017) http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/charles-manson-twisted-beatles-obsession-inspired-murders-w459433
- Hedegaard, Erik. "Charles Manson Today: The Final Confessions of a Psychopath." Rolling Stone, Nov. 21, 2013. (Nov. 5, 2017) http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/charles-manson-today-the-final-confessions-of-a-psychopath-20131121
- King, Greg. "Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders." Barricade Books, 2000.
- Koopmans, Andy. "Heroes and Villains: Charles Manson." Lucent Books, 2005.
- Loeb, Leopold. "Nixon Calls Manson Guilty; Attorneys Move a Mistrial." Harvard Crimson, August 4, 1970. (Nov. 13, 2017) http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1970/8/4/nixon-calls-manson-guilty-attorneys-move/
- Marquez, Miguel. "Two men relate to same haunting specter -- Charles Manson." CNN, April 14, 2012. (Nov. 8, 2017) http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/ohio-manson-grandson/index.html
- New York Times. "Judge Bars Manson as Own Attorney." March 7, 1970. (Nov. 16, 2017) http://www.nytimes.com/1970/03/07/archives/judge-bars-manson-as-own-attorney.html
- People v. Watson, Cal.1970. (Nov. 8, 2017) http://www.cielodrive.com/charles-tex-watson-trial-08-17-71-am.php
- Sanders, Ed. "The Family." Signet, 1990.
- Sandford, Christopher. "Polanski: A Biography." St. Martin's Griffin, 2009.
- Steffens, Bradley & Staples, Craig. "The Trial of Charles Manson: California Cult Murders." Lucent, 2002.