Lots More Information
Author's Note: I had to laugh when I read the article about the woman who got all those double-yolked eggs. Recently, I got pretty excited when a double-yolker was the first one I cracked open from a package of three dozen local, organic eggs. But that delight turned to uneasiness as I gradually discovered that they were all double-yolked. What's that all about? Never bought from that farmer again, but if I'd have known the odds I would've tried to get on the news!
- Damerow, Gail. "Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens." Storey Publishing, 2010. (Jan. 14, 2015) https://books.google.com/books?id=GxoH_NRDxe8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=storey%27s+guide+chickens&hl=en&sa=X&ei=b9u2VKrnBsS9ggSY6YKwDw&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=double&f=false
- The Independent. "British woman cracks open 29 double-yolked eggs in a row." June 29, 2011. (Jan. 14, 2015) http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/british-woman-cracks-open-29-doubleyolked-eggs-in-a-row-2304092.html
- Nigella.com. "Kitchen Queries: Double Yolked Eggs." (Jan. 14, 2015) http://www.nigella.com/kitchen-queries/view/Double-Yolked-Eggs/2931
- PoultryHelp.com. "Odd Eggs, Double Yolks, No Yolks, Etc." Feb. 11, 2011. (Jan. 14, 2015) http://www.poultryhelp.com/oddeggs.html
- Sterling, Justine. "Your Questions About Double-Yolk Eggs, Answered." Food & Wine, Dec. 13, 2014. (Jan. 14, 2015) http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/2014/12/13/your-questions-about-double-yolked-eggs-answered