Lots More Information
Author's Note: How does etiquette change as your relationships evolve?
As someone who is divorced, I've seen firsthand the damage not paying attention to basic rules of etiquette can cause -- and how hard it is to pay attention to them when things aren't going well. My own two cents are to start out with kindness and consideration for the other person and ask for the same in return. Good manners go a long way toward smoothing the rocky places in any relationship.
More Great Links
- Gontcharova, Natalie. "10 Online Dating Etiquette Tips From the Emily Post Institute." Your Tango. 2014. (April 5, 2015) http://www.yourtango.com/2012152595/12-online-dating-etiquette-tips-emily-post-institute
- Joseph, Genie and Jon Terrell. "Ending a Long Term Relationship: Top Ten Etiquette Tips." Healthy Relationship Advice. 2015. (April 4, 2015) http://www.healthy-relationship-advice.com/ending-a-long-term-relationship.html
- Neumann, Kimberly Dawn. "Online Dating Etiquette, Explained." Match. 2015. (April 4, 2015) http://www.match.com/magazine/article.aspx?ArticleID=6080
- Willinger, Jeremy. "The Comfortable Groove: Etiquette Rules for Long-Term Dating." World-class Business Etiquette. May 26, 2010. (April 4, 2015) http://www.etiquetteoutreach.com/blog_new-york-etiquette-guide/bid/42649/The-Comfortable-Groove-Etiquette-Rules-for-Long-Term-Dating
- Willinger, Jeremy. "Dating Etiquette Tips: How to Impress Mr. or Ms. Right." World-class Business Etiquette. March 1, 2010. (April 4, 2015) http://www.etiquetteoutreach.com/blog_new-york-etiquette-guide/bid/36075/Dating-Etiquette-Tips-how-to-impress-Mr-or-Ms-Right