Lots More Information
A savvy communications strategist created a media pyramid focusing on how people should consume their media. HowStuffWorks talked to him about it.
- 10 Shows That Changed TV Forever
- 10 TV Moments That Changed the World
- 10 Cult TV Hits that Originally Flopped
- 10 Longest Running TV Shows
- 10 Terrifying Moments on Unscripted TV
- Quiz: What do we owe to TV?
- Love: As seen on TV?
- How Reality TV Works
- How Television Works
- How Writing a TV Show Works
- How does TV change kids' moods?
- Did cooking shows create a generation of foodies?
- Has TV changed people's relationship expectations?
More Great Links
- CNN.com. "You talkin' to me? Film quotes stir passion." March, 2009. (April, 2011).http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-09/entertainment/film.quotes_1_horror-films-movie-quotes?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ
- Dobrow Julia R., and Gidney, Calvin L. "The Good, the Bad, and the Foreign: The Use of Dialect in Children's Animated Television." American Academy of Political and Social Science. May, 1998. (April, 2011).http://www.jstor.org/pss/1049446
- Feeley, Christine. "Newspaper Sports Journalists Imitate ESPN's Entertaining Jargon, MU Researchers Find." Missouri School of Journalism. October 10, 2005. (April, 2011).http://journalism.missouri.edu/news/2005/10-10-sports-jargon.html
- Gebhardt, Randall E., Harless, James D. "Television News and Sexist Language: A study of Television News Effects." Education Resources Information Center. (April, 2011).http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED270818&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED270818
- Kelly, Tom. "Foul-mouthed Gordon Ramsay in hot water after viewers subjected to a swear word every two-and-a-half seconds in show." Daily Mail Online. Feb. 2, 2009. (April, 2011).http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1133317/Foul-mouthed-Gordon-Ramsay-hot-water-viewers-subjected-swear-word-half-seconds-show.html
- La84 Foundation. "Gender Stereotyping in Televised Sports." (April, 2011).http://www.la84foundation.org/9arr/ResearchReports/ResearchReport2.htm
- Libaw, Oliver. "Doh! Oxford Dictionary Takes Homer Simpson. ABC News. June 14, 2010. (April, 2011).http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93098&page=1
- Los Angeles Times. "30 Rock, Modern Family, Breaking Bad lad WGA Nominations." Dec. 8, 2010. (April, 2011).http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/2010/12/30-rock-modern-family-breaking-bad-lead-wga-nominations-updated.html
- Los Angeles Times. "A vocabulary-enhancing guide for your TV viewing." Sept. 14, 2010. (April, 2011).http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/09/a-vocabulary-enhancing-guide-for-your-tv-viewing.html
- Lyle, Jenna. "TV Swearing is bad influence on young people, survey finds." Christian Today. June 12, 2010. (April, 2011).http://www.christiantoday.com/article/tv.swearing.is.bad.influence.on.young.people.survey.finds/26086.htm
- Museum of Broadcast Communications. "All in the Family." (April, 2011).http://www.museum.tv/eotvsection.php?entrycode=allinthefa
- Nielsen Wire. "Americans Watching More TV Than Ever; Web and Mobile Video Up, Too." May 20, 2009. (April, 2011).http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/americans-watching-more-tv-than-ever/
- PBS. "Children and Media." (April, 2011).http://www.pbs.org/parents/childrenandmedia/article-faq.html#language
- PBS. "Power of Mass Media." (April, 2011).http://www.pbs.org/speak/ahead/mediapower/#chambers
- Rodriguez, Juan. "Free speech in a PC society." Montreal Gazette. April, 27, 2011. (April, 2011).http://www.montrealgazette.com/story_print.html?id=4682273&sponsor=
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie. "What Did You Call It?" The New York Times. Oct. 28, 2007. (April, 2011).http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/fashion/28vajayjay.html
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer. "Channeling Trump: Pawlenty says 'you're fired.'" April, 16, 2011. (April, 2011).http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Channeling-Trump-Pawlenty-says-you-re-fired-1340114.php
- Time. "Marking Hart Stew." May 26, 1984. (April, 2011).http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,921620,00.html
- Wei, Song. "Dialects to be phased out of prime time TV." China Daily. Jan. 14, 2011. (April, 2011).http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-01/14/content_11854199.htm
- Wolfram, Walt. "Do You Speak American?" PBS. (April, 2011).http://www.pbs.org/speak/ahead/change/change/
- Workforce of Women. "A sampling of sexism in cable news. (April, 2011).http://workforceofwomen.org/category/sexist-language/