When Peppermint Patty ("C'mon, you can do it, Chuck!") and her friends finagle Charlie Brown into serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, it's up to Woodstock and Snoopy to make the day a success. Thanks to daring dishes like buttered toast and popcorn, and a memorable struggle with an uncooperative folding chair, Snoopy lends his own brand of wordless charm to the day's events. As the gang gathers around a ping-pong table for their unique meal, the true meaning of Thanksgiving shines through. A classic for parents and grandparents alike -- and sure to become a fast favorite of younger generations -- this 1973 animated Emmy-winner tops our list for sentimental fun.
- Amazon "Son-in-Law." (Oct. 12, 2010). Amazon.com.http://www.amazon.com/Son-Law-Pauly-Shore/dp/6305428549
- Canby, Vincent. "Alice's Restaurant." Aug. 25, 1969. (Oct. 12, 2010) The New York Times.http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=EE05E7DF173FE762BC4D51DFBE668382679EDE
- Disney. "Pocahontas." (Oct. 12, 2010) Disney.com.http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/movies/pocahontas/pocahontas.html
- Imdb "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." (Oct. 12, 2010) Imdb.com.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093748/
- Jamestown 1607. "The New World." (Oct. 12, 2010) Jamestown1607.org.http://www.jamestown1607.org/newworldmovie.asp
- Maslin, Janet. "Dutch: A Good Guy Shows a Brat What's What." July 19, 1991. (Oct. 12, 2010) The New York Times.http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9D0CE7DE163FF93AA25754C0A967958260
- MGM Studios. "Pieces of April." Oct. 17, 2003. (Oct. 12, 2010)http://www.mgm.com/view/Movie/1521/Pieces-of-April/
- Rotten Tomatoes. "Home for the Holidays." (Oct. 12, 2010) RottenTomatoes.com.http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1066169-home_for_the_holidays/
- The Blindside Movie. "The Blind Side." (Oct. 12, 2010) TheBlindSideMovie.com.http://www.theblindsidemovie.com/dvd/index.html
- TV Guide. "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving." July 10, 2008. (Oct. 12, 2010) TVGuide.com.http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/charlie-brown-thanksgiving/191441
HowStuffWorks looks at the history of spring break.