Monster Moat Game
This monster of a game is a fun-filled variation on a classic game of tag.
Buy 9 x 12-inch squares of felt: You'll need three times the number of squares as there are children. Lay the squares around the party room or yard, creating an obstacle course. Be sure the squares are laid at varying distances, but all need to be within jumping distance of at least one other square. The area surrounding the squares is the hot zone.
Designate a child to be the monster. He or she must try to tag the kids, who are trying to jump from square to square, when they land in the hot zone. If they fall, get tagged, or get bumped from a square by another jumper, they join the monster. One caveat: Players must keep moving at all times. Although a referee helps, kids are usually quite anxious to point each other out. Last kid jumping wins.
Have a lot of kids that you want to get involved in a Halloween party? In our next section, we'll show you how to play the Devil's Gate game.
Want more great Halloween ideas? Check out:
- Halloween Crafts: Check out ideas for spooky homemade fun in this article.
- Halloween Decorations: Dress up your home with these great Halloween decoration ideas.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Pirate or princess? Cowboy or cat? Find the perfect costume for your kids in this article.
- Halloween Party Ideas: Get the party started with these great Halloween party tips.
- Halloween Masks: No costume is complete without one of these masks.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: Get inspired by these great ideas for pumpkin carving.
- Halloween Recipes: Adults and kids alike will love these scary tasty treats.
- How Halloween Works: Check out this article for all things Halloween.