One trick to staying safe on Halloween is to trick-or-treat with a friend, or friends. Here are a few more:
- An adult or an older child should accompany young children from door to door.
- Visit only houses that have lights on, and best of all visit only the homes of people you know.
- While out and about, stick to well-lit streets, preferably with sidewalks to keep both kids and adults alike safe from traffic.
- Walk (don't run) from house to house to keep safe from cars and any obstacles unseen in the dark.
- Carry a flashlight to light the way as well as light you up for cars and other trick-or-treaters.