Take Advantage of the Economic Downturn - in a Good Way.
Everyone knows we're in a recession, so it wouldn't be uncomfortable or surprising to do one of the following:
- Go with an e-card instead of buying cards and stamps this year. Perhaps it's not as personable to some, but to others, it's an easy way to get a holiday wish for FREE.
- Go vintage. Thrift shops, antique shops and Web sites like etsy.com or ebay.com are great places to find unique, inexpensive gifts for the people you love most.
- Mall or window-shop first, then buy online. Consider the best deals and factor in shipping costs.
- Find a few really good deals that are useful to many people, and leave them in the trunk of your car. Forgot a last-minute gift for your hairdresser? Pull out that bottle of wine you found on sale instead of adding an extra $50 to your stylist's tab.
- Re-gift. Just do it carefully, so as not to offend a friend.