Alternative Holiday Parties
Most companies are scaling back office parties this year, so it's only logical that hosts and hostesses do the same with their own affairs. Here are a few tips that might help:
- Make it BYOB. Everyone can contribute to the merriment.
- Make it a BAD (bring a dessert) party. Everyone will get to indulge a little with little expense.
- Make it a "drinks and appetizers" event, and schedule it after dinnertime.
- Set an end time in your invitation. People will likely drink less, and the host spends less money on food.
- Make it casual. Party dresses might not be in the budgets this year, and jeans are more comfortable anyway.