Bath, Body and Skin Care Products
We all like a little pampering, especially during the stress of the holiday season and retailers know it. From Halloween until the end of the following January, specialty bath and beauty stores, discount stores, department stores and online outlets are ready to package up the gift of luxury.
During the weekend after Thanksgiving in 2008, nearly 20 percent of shoppers bought personal care or beauty items - about the same percentage of those who bought gift cards and nearly double the amount who purchased jewelry. In light of these numbers, here are a few ideas for your shopping list.
- Fragrances: It doesn't take much to find out a friend or family member's favorite scent. And shopping discount stores and sale circulars can mean big discounts.
- Massage products: Reduce stress, say "I love you" and relax all at the same time.
- Travel sets: Send them home with next year's travel-sized skin, bath, shaving and body products.
- Home pedicure/manicure sets: Save your salon money for a New Year's Eve updo; give friends the gift of an at-home spa party.
- Shaving sets and accessories: Because the men in your life need some pampering, too.
Women, families, gift exchanges, coworkers, girlfriends, men, brothers, uncles, grandparents, travelers