Sand Ceremony Customizations
One of the greatest benefits to the sand ceremony is how easily it is to personalize. It lends itself especially well to blended families, when the bride and/or groom already have children. Having each child (or special relative or friend or parents) pour his or her own colored sand into the vessel along with the couple involves them in the ceremony -- and in the finished product -- in a seamless, natural way.
Other ways to personalize the ceremony include:
- Leaving a bit of sand in each original vessel, symbolizing that each person involved in the union will maintain his or her individuality even as their lives are joined
- Collecting sand from meaningful sources -- using sand from favorite beaches or from vacation spots can add some extra poignancy to the ceremony.
- Inviting each member of the wedding party to add sand to the container, commemorating the special place they hold in your new life together
- Coordinating the sand colors to the wedding colors
- Choosing a vase, urn or other vessel with that has special meaning to the couple
However you decide to make the ceremony yours, you're going to need a few supplies to make it work. They're not tough to come by -- just colored sand and a few glass vases. But with the increased popularity of this ceremonial interlude, gathering everything you need is even easier…