Lots More Information
What could be more American than apple pie? HowStuffWorks looks at the origins of the phrase 'as American as apple pie.'
- 10 Wedding Traditions with Surprising Origins
- 10 Traditional Wedding Shower Games
- 10 Mundane Traditions with Strange Origins
- 10 Muslim Funeral Traditions
- 10 Family Christian Traditions
- How Marriage Works
- How Yom Kippur Works
- How Hanukkah Works
- How Rosh Hashanah Works
- How a Sand Ceremony Works
- How the Jumping the Broom Ceremony Works
- Are circumcisions really necessary?
- What is the history of the wedding garter tradition?
- Where did the traditional anniversary gifts come from?
More Great Links
- American Museum of Natural History. "Diamond Love and Betrothal Rings." (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/diamonds/love.html
- Chabad. "Homepage." 2011. (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.chabad.org/
- Diamant, Anita. "Tenaim: The Conditions of Marriage." My Jewish Learning. (Aug. 14, 2011) http://www.myjewishlearning.com/life/Life_Events/Weddings/Liturgy_Ritual_and_Custom/Tenaim.shtml
- Hillel. "Yom Kippur." 2005. (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.hillel.org/jewish/holidays/yomkippur/default
- Housman, Mordechai. "Jewish Weddings." Being Jewish. (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.beingjewish.com/cycle/wedding.html
- Gruen, Judy. "Here Comes the Bride, No Stress in Sight." Aish. (2011). (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.aish.com/jl/l/m/48959581.html
- Jewish Wedding Network. "Jewish Wedding Traditions." 2009. (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.jewishweddingnetwork.com/jewish-wedding-traditions
- Jewish Virtual Library. "Homepage." American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise. 2011. (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/index.html
- Shulman, Shlomo, Chaplain. "Guide to the Jewish Wedding." Aish. 2011. (Aug. 13, 2011) http://www.aish.com/jl/l/m/48969841.html