Lots More Information
HowStuffWorks looks at White House press briefings, which date back to the McKinley administration and have stopped under the Trump administration.
- How Medicare Works
- Affordable Care Act Quiz
- 5 Benefits of Electronic Medical Records
- 10 Myths about U.S. Health Care Reform
- Top 5 Questions to Ask When Shopping for Health Insurance
- How can you protect yourself from Medicare fraud?
- How are young adults benefiting from U.S. health care reform?
- What is HealthCare.gov?
- "Closing the Prescription Drug Gap." Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. May 2010. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11464.pdf
- Cooper, Helene and Robert Pear. "Obama Gets Tough on Health Care Fraud." New York Times. March 10, 2010. (July 22, 2010)http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/health/policy/11health.html
- "Health Reform for American Seniors." The White House. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/health_reform_seniors.pdf
- HealthCare.gov Web site. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.healthcare.gov/
- "How is Medicare Funded?" Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. September 2009. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11396.pdf
- "Medicare and the New Health Care Law -- What It Means for You." Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. May 2010. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11467.pdf
- "Medicare Trustees Report Shows Substantial Improvement in Financial Status as a Result of the Affordable Care Act." CMS Office of Public Affairs. Aug. 5, 2010. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.cms.gov/apps/media/press/factsheet.asp?Counter=3823
- "Summary of New Health Reform Law." Kaiser Family Foundation. June 18, 2010. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8061.pdf
- "Trustees Announce Solvency of Medicare Trust Fund Extended by 12 Years to 2029." Department of Health & Human Services. Aug. 5, 2010. (Aug. 26, 2010)http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2010pres/08/20100805d.html