Lots More Information
Harvard, Georgetown and Northwestern law schools aren’t requiring the LSAT anymore and others are following suit. HowStuffWorks looks at why.
Author's Note: 5 Incredible Things You'll Learn in Third Grade
Third grade is an academically challenging year, and my research revealed a trend toward even greater challenges of late. Perhaps in response to high-pressure government standards, some elementary schools have been assigning a lot more homework (and some are assigning none at all -- but that's less common). There have been reports of young students coming home with hours of work to do, and while I only touched on this briefly in one of the back-to-school articles, it's worth looking into further if your child's homework level seems extreme, as many education experts recommend against the trend.
- How Preschool Works
- When is it a good idea to repeat kindergarten?
- 5 Incredible Things You'll Learn in Second Grade
- 5 Ways You Can Help Your Child Succeed in First Grade
- Does proper spelling really matter?
- When should you start kindergarten?
- 5 Incredible Things You'll Learn in First Grade
- 5 Incredible Things You'll Learn in Kindergarten
- Learning Guide: Third Grade. Ladies Home Journal. (June 26, 2012) http://www.lhj.com/relationships/family/school/learning-guide-third-grade/
- Third Grade: What Will They Learn? Family Education. (June 26, 2012) http://school.familyeducation.com/elementary-school/assessment/56219.html
- Preparing for Third Grade. Scholastic Parents. (June 26, 2012) http://www.scholastic.com/resources/article/preparing-for-3rd-grade/
- Schools no longer required to teach cursive starting this fall. Fox59. June 30, 2011. (June 28, 2012) http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-cursive-writing-schools-no-longer-required-to-teach-cursive-beginning-this-fall-20110630,0,7533627.story