Lots More Information
From the worlds of politics, professional baseball and old-time boxing came a term still in use today to describe someone who has a left-handed predilection.
Author's Note: 10 IKEA Etiquette Rules
I'd never set foot inside an IKEA until working on this article — I had heard the horror stories, and I decided my Saturdays would be better spent on my own couch than wading through the crowds to test out a low-slung Swedish one. But going to IKEA on a quiet Wednesday afternoon was an overall pleasant experience. I bought a cutting board, and aside from a few people cutting the line for meatballs, there were only a few lapses in etiquette that I noticed. Still, why can't everyone just walk in the same direction as the arrows?
More Great Links
- ABC News. "Parking Lot Survival Guide: AAA's 6 Tips for Staying Safe." April 23, 2014. (March 16, 2015) http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/04/parking-lot-survival-guide-aaas-6-tips-for-staying-safe/
- Hansegard, Jens. "IKEA's Path to Selling 150 Million Meatballs." The Wall Street Journal. Oct. 17, 2013. (March 12, 2015) http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304864504579139540481712888
- Henry, Alan. "Speed up Your IKEA Visits by Going in Through the Exit Doors." Lifehacker. Jan. 21, 2013. (March 12, 2015) http://lifehacker.com/5977586/speed-up-your-ikea-visits-by-going-in-through-the-exit-doors
- Higgins, Michelle. "A Cheap Date, With Child Care by Ikea." The New York Times. June 10, 2009. (March 12, 2015) http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/11/garden/11ikea.html
- IKEA. "FY 2014: The IKEA Group continues to grow and enable more customers to live a sustainable life at home." Jan. 28, 2015. (March 12, 2015) http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/about_ikea/newsitem/FY14-yearly-summary
- IKEA. "Return policy." 2015. (March 19, 2015) http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/customer_service/return_policy/
- Klee, Miles. "Whatever happened to the Ikea monkey?" The Washington Post. Dec. 10, 2014. (March 12, 2015) http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/12/10/whatever-happened-to-the-ikea-monkey/
- Liss, Mona. U.S. Corporate Public Relations Director, IKEA. Personal correspondence. March 13, 2015.
- Nakano, Craig. "Ikea releases rendering for new, larger Burbank store." Los Angeles Times. Nov. 15, 2012. (March 19, 2015) http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/15/news/la-lh-ikea-plan-burbank-store-20121115
- Post, Peggy et al. "Emily Post's Etiquette, 18th Edition." William Morrow. 2011.
- Strauss, Marina. "How Ikea seduces us." The Globe and Mail. Aug. 23, 2012. (March 12, 2015) http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-magazine/how-ikea-seduces-us/article4328972/?page=all
- Wall, Kim. "Ikea at last cracks China market, but success has meant adapting to local ways." South China Morning Post. Sept. 1, 2013. (March 16, 2015) http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1300942/ikea-last-cracks-china-market-success-has-meant-adapting-local-ways