This creepy Internet sensation might be just a 21st-century version of folklore. Figure out if Slender Man really drove kids to kill at HowStuffWorks.
- Wild World: Crystal Skull Quiz
- The Ultimate Supernatural Quiz
- How Mummies Work
- How Voodoo Works
- How Exorcism Works
- How Cannibalism Works
- How Crystal Skulls Work
- How Entomophagy Works
- How Taxidermy Works
- How Totem Poles Work
- How Witchcraft Works
- What is personhood?
- How do we define "normal"?
- Why do we need warriors?
- Are there undiscovered people?
- What's the most remote place on Earth?
- What is the most isolated culture on Earth -- and what can we learn from it?
- Anthony, H.E. "Over trail and through jungle in Ecuador." National Geographic. October 1921.http://www.head-hunter.com/ng.html
- Aufderheide, Arthur C. "The scientific study of mummies." Pp. 93-96. Cambridge University Press. 2003.http://books.google.com/books?id=P_xj3QTHHvoC
- Buxton, John. "Was there head-shrinking in Fiji?" PBS. April 6, 2009.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/fts/chattanooga_200804A33.html#
- Coughlan, Sean. "Museum offered head for shrinking." BBC. May 22, 2007.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6679697.stm
- Harner, Michael J. "The Jivaro: people of the sacred waterfalls." Berkeley: University of California Press. 1984.http://faculty.smu.edu/dwilson/ANTH3313/PDFs/1-14/011_shuar-Jivaro.pdf
- Jandial, R., et al. "The science of shrinking human heads: tribal warfare and revenge among the South American Jivaro-Shuar." Neurosurgery. September 2005.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15509329
- McGuiness, Dr. Tim. "The shrunken head cookbook." McGuiness Publishing. Accessed April 22, 2011.http://shrunkenheadcookbook.com/
- National Geographic. "Rare headshrinking footage confirmed?" November 13, 2009.http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091113-shrunken-heads-video-ngc.html
- Rubenstein, Steven Lee. "Circulation, accumulation and the power of Shuar shrunken heads." Cultural Anthropology. August 2007.http://www.liv.ac.uk/soclas/research/publications/srubenstein/Shuarheads.pdf
- Sugar, Oscar MD. "Head shrinking." Journal of the American Medical Association. April 5, 1971.http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/216/1/117.extract