Lots More Information
- How Bail Works
- How Police Chases Work
- How Police Interrogation Works
- How Guns Work
- How Body Armor Works
- How Witness Protection Works
- How the Mafia Works
- How the FBI Works
- How the CIA Works
- How the ACLU Works
More Great Links
- U.S. Department of Justice: Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Human Rights Watch: Prison Conditions in the United States
- Prisons and Prison Law
- Alton Historical Society. "Alton in the Civil War: Alton Prison." http://www.altonweb.com/history/civilwar/confed/
- Center for Policy Alternatives. "Privatizing Prisons." http://www.stateaction.org/issues/issue.cfm/issue/PrivatizingPrisons.xml
- Clinto, Susan. Correction Officer (Careers Without College). Capstone Press, March 1998. ISBN 0516212796.
- Harrison, Paige M. and Beck, Allen J., Ph.D. "Prisoners in 2005." Bureau of Justice Statistics Bulletin, November 2006. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/p05.pdf
- Hjelmeland, Andy. Prisons: Inside the Big House. Lerner Publications, June 1996. ISBN 0822526077.
- Human Rights Watch. Prison Conditions in the United States: A Human Rights Watch Report. ISBN 1564320464.
- Kolodner, Meredith. "Immigration Enforcement Benefits Prison Firms." New York Times, Jumy 19, 2006. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/19/business/19detain.html? ex=1310961600&en=6389a8c6c55d466a&ei=5088&partner= rssnyt&emc=rss
- Langan, Patrick A., Ph.D. and Levin, David J., Ph.D. "Recidivism of Prisoners Released in 1994." Bureau of Justice Special Report. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/rpr94.pdf
- Lerner, Jimmy A. You Got Nothing Coming: Notes From a Prison Fish. Broadway, October 14, 2003. ISBN 0767909194.
- Martin, Mark. "Prison budget up, despite no raise." San Francisco Chronicle, May 14, 2004. http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/ 2004/05/14/MNGE46LJUA1.DTL
- Ross, Jeffrey Ian and Richards, Stephen C. Behind Bars: Surviving Prison. Alpha, May 1, 2002. 0028643518.
- Smith, Jeffrey R. "2006 Budget Proposal: Agency Breakdown." Washington Post, Feb. 7, 2005. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/budget06/ budget06Agencies.html
- Sullivan, Larry E. The Prison Reform Movement: Forlorn Hope. Twayne Pub, May 1990. 0805797394.
- Tayoun, Jimmy. "Going To Prison?" Biddle Pub Co, January 2002. 1879418339.
- U.S. Bureau of Justice. "Prison Statistics." http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm
- U.S. Bureau of Justice. "Reentry Trends in the United States." http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/reentry/reentry.htm