This creepy Internet sensation might be just a 21st-century version of folklore. Figure out if Slender Man really drove kids to kill at HowStuffWorks.
- How Conspiracy Theories Work
- How Urban Legends Work
- How Friday the 13th Works
- How the Peter Principle Works
- How the U.S. Air Force Works
- How Traffic Works
- How NASA Works
- Why are fishermen superstitious of bananas?
- Why was "911" chosen as the emergency number?
- What if you fell out of an airplane without a parachute?
More Great Links
- Hecht, Jeff. "Murphy's Law honoured - 50 years late." New Scientist. October 3, 2003. http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4231.html
- Pel, Joel. "The Murphy's Law Equation." The Science Creative Quarterly. September 07-April 08. http://www.scq.ubc.ca/the-murphys-law-equation/
- Spark, Nick T. "Why Everything You Know About Murphy's Law Is Wrong." Improbable Research. http://www.improb.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i5/murphy/murphy0.html
- "Murphy's Law." http://catb.org/jargon/html/M/Murphys-Law.html
- "Murphy's Law." Socyberty. http://www.socyberty.com/Folklore/Murphys-Law.40228
- "Murphy's Law." http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/murphy/murphy_e.html
- "Murphy's Laws and Corollaries." http://roso.epfl.ch/dm/murphy.html
- "Murphy's Laws Origin." http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-true.html