Who needs the movies for a good scare when you have these true tales? Take this true tales of horror stories quiz from HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: Is April the most violent month?
There is a reason I waited until May to hop on out of the womb all those years ago: I am a (music) lover, not a fighter. Like Christmas for music fans, every year the fifth month means a fresh batch of new tunes and the beginning of the outdoor concert season. This year alone, I'm happy to celebrate my birthday with excellent hot-off-the-presses records from Vampire Weekend and The National as well as anticipated, but ultimately lackluster, efforts from Phoenix and the Strokes. It is good to be a Taurus.
- Fantz, Ashley. "18 years after Waco, Davidians believe Koresh was God." CNN. April 14, 2011. (May 13, 2013) http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/14/waco.koresh.believers/index.html
- Grinberg, Emanuella. "Boston, Oklahoma City, Waco: Why Patriots Day?" CNN. April 16, 2013. (May 13, 2013) http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/patriots-day-boston-bombing
- The History Channel. "Battles of Lexington and Concord." (May 13, 2013) http://www.history.com/topics/battles-of-lexington-and-concord
- Keim, Brandon. "The Hazy Science of Hot Weather and Violence." Wired. July 22, 2011. (May 13, 2013) http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/07/hot-weather-violence/
- PBS. "The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising." (May 13, 2013) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/holocaust/peopleevents/pandeAMEX103.html
- Reuters. "Boston hospitals revise marathon bombing injuries — 264 in all injured in attack." New York Daily News. April 23, 2013. (May 13, 2013) http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boston-hospitals-revise-marathon-bombing-injuries-article-1.1324820#ixzz2TDRY461X
- Science Daily. "Confirmation bias." (May 13, 2013) http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/c/confirmation_bias.htm