Its two common for smart people too make grammar mistakes. Prove your grammatical prowess with this quiz at HowStuffWorks.
More Great Links
- American Psychological Association: The Goods on Gossip
- AskMen: Office Gossip
- Psychology Today: The Real Slant on Gossip
- Bergmann, Jorg R. and Aldine de Gruyter. "Discreet Indescretions: The Social Organization of Gossip." Reviewing Sociology. 1996.
- Binns, Corey. "The Real Scoop on Rumors and Gossip." LiveScience, July 31, 2006.
- Carey, Benedict. "Have You Heard? Gossip Turns Out to Serve a Purpose." New York Times, August 16, 2005.
- Cohen, Patricia. "Go Ahead. Gossip May Be Virtuous." New York Times, August 10, 2002.
- Collins, Gail. "Scorpion Tongues: Gossip, Celebrity and American Politics." William Morrow. 1998.
- de Sousa, Ronald. "In Praise of Gossip: Indiscretion as a Saintly Virtue."
- Dingfelder, Sadie F. "Whispers as Weapons." APA Monitor on Psychology, April 2006.
- Dingfelder, Saide F. "Learned it Through the Grapevine." APA Monitor on Psychology, April 2006.
- Drapkin, Jennifer. "The Dirty Little Secret about Gossip." Psychology Today. November/December 2005.
- Dunbar, Robin. "Grooming, Gossip and the Evolution of Language." Harvard University Press. 1996.
- Etzioni, Amitai. "Gossip Keeps the Group in Bounds." Newsday, May 17, 1999.
- Houmanfar, Ramona and Rebecca Johnson. "Gossip and Rumor in Organizations." Organizational Behavior Management Network.
- Humphrees, Ann. "Rumor Has it that Gossip Is a Problem." CNN, June 29, 2001.
- Martin, Judith. "The Key to Discreet Gossiping." Washington Post. July 18, 2004.
- Medical News Today. "Sharing Bad Gossip Promotes Closeness and Friendship." May 19, 2006.
- Michelson, Grant and Suchitra Mouly. "Rumor and Gossip in Organizations: A Conceptual Study." Management Decision. 2000.
- Monczunski, John. "Don't Tell a Soul: A Secret Can Be Delicious - Or Deadly." Notre Dame Magazine, Spring 1998.
- Rosnow, Ralph L. and Eric K. Foster. "Rumor and Gossip Research." APA Psychological Science Agenda. April 2005.
- Spacks, Patricia Meyer. "Gossip." Alfred A. Knopf. 1985.
- Stambor, Zak. "Bonding Over Others' Business." APA Monitor on Psychology, April 2006.
- Wernick, Robert. "When it Comes to Gossip, We're All-ears Listeners." Smithsonian. February 1993.
- Westacott, Emryss. "The Ethics of Gossiping." International Journal of Applied Philosophy, 2000.
- Winerman, Lea. "Have You Heard the Latest?" APA Monitor on Psychology, April 2006.
- Woodward, Calvin. "Effort Afoot to Discourage Gossip." The Call, December 11, 2001.