How does the FDA keep us safe? Learn how the Food and Drug Administration works and explore some of the agency's successes and criticisms.
Related HowStuffWorks Links
- How Airports Work
- How Airport Security Works
- How Air Traffic Control Works
- How Black Boxes Work
- How Airlines Work
- How Becoming an Airline Pilot Works
- How Airline Crews Work
- How Airplanes Work
- How Helicopters Work
- Do commercial jumbo-jets have locks on the doors and ignition keys?
- FAA Homepage
- FAA Administrator's Fact Book
- Center for Management Development
- Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center
- William J. Hughes Technical Center
- A Brief History of the Federal Aviation Administration
- The FAA Administrator's Fact Book
- "Aircraft Security Accomplishments Since Sept. 11"
- "Improvements in Civil Aviation Security Since Pan Am 103"
- 9/11 Commission Sept. 2005 Staff Report
- National Airspace System Frequently Asked Questions
- FAA TRACON Fact Sheet
- FAA Air Route Traffic Control Centers
- Summary of FAA Activities
- FAA Air Traffic System Requirements
- "Host and Oceanic Computer System Replacement Program" Press Release
- "William J. Hughes Technical Center"
- National Research and Development Plan For Aviation Safety, Security, Efficiency, and Environmental Compatibility