Scary Pumpkin Patterns
Spine-tingling delights are in store for you with these gruesomely ghastly pumpkin carvings. The patterns are hyperlinked PDFs that you can download and print out. The patterns need to be enlarged on a copier to match the size of your pumpkin. Match the size of the pumpkin with the enlargement guide.
Howlin' Wolf, Glare Scare,
and Eye See You scary pumpkin designs.
- Carve the nose. If the scrap pieces aren't easy to push out, cut them into smaller pieces to remove.
- Carve the mouth, being careful not to cut off the teeth.
- Carve the ears, top of the head, and jowls. To simplify, create the features by cutting zigzag lines and leaving scraps in place. The light from the inside will still shine through the cuts.
- Carve the eyes, the eyebrows, and then the nose.
- Carve the smaller teeth. Finish by cutting the large fangs.
holes for the center of the eyes (or push a pen or pencil into the
pumpkin to create the holes). Carve the rest of the eyes and the bottom
- Carve the top eyelashes starting at the center and working out.
No matter what kind of pumpkin you want to carve, you can use the patterns and advice in this article to create the pumpkin of your Halloween dreams -- or nightmares.
To make the most out of your Halloween, try these:
- Halloween Stories: Check out this article for bone-chilling ghost stories and other scary Halloween tales.
- Halloween Crafts has great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Halloween Decorations: Set a spooky Halloween scene for less by making your own decorations. Instructions for dozens of decorations are included.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: See this article for unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume.
- Halloween Games includes more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How to Bake Pumpkin Seeds: Don't discard those pumpkin "guts!" Find out how to make a traditional holiday snack.
- How Halloween Works traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.