Lots More Information
Krampus started as a Germanic Alpine legend, but he's achieved international fame. Learn where Krampus came from at HowStuffWorks.
More Great Links
- Adam, Elise Mac. Something New: Wedding Etiquette for Rule Breakers, Traditionalists, and Everyone in Between. Simon & Schuster, New York. 2008.
- Adams, Michele and Gia Russo. Wedding Showers. Chronicle Press, San Francisco. 2000.
- Bussen, Karen. Simple Stunning Wedding Showers: Festive Ideas and Inspiration for Perfect Pre-Wedding Parties. Stewart, Tabori & Chang, New York. 2006.
- Elliot, Amy. "Bridal Shower Games: A Complete Guide." The Knot. (July 27, 2011)
- Hakulinen, Salla. "Here Comes the Bride! Wedding Traditions in Finland and the United States." Department of Translation Studies, University of Tampere. Spring 2005. (July 28, 2011)
- Isidore, Chris. "It's official: U.S. in a recession since December 2007." CNN Money. Dec. 1, 2008. (Aug. 4, 2011)
- Layton, Monique. "Magico-Religious Elements in the Traditional Beliefs of Maillardville, B.C." B.C. Studies, no. 27, Autumn 1975, 50-61. University of British Columbia. (July 28, 2011)
- McMurray, Shane. "Average Length of Engagement Time and Engagement Months." The Wedding Report. June 15, 2011. (Aug. 4, 2011)
- Montemurro, Beth. "'You Go 'Cause You Have To': The Bridal Shower as a Ritual of Obligation." Symbolic Interaction, Vol. 25, No. 1 (2002), pp. 67-92.
- Pearson Education. "Median Age at First Marriage, 1890-2010." Info Please. (August 4, 2011)
- The Maid of Honor Guide. "Top 10 Bridal Shower Games." (July 27, 2011)
- Warner, Diane. Diane Warner's Complete Book of Wedding Showers. Franklin Lakes, NJ: Career Press, 1998.